WordPress is open source content management software (CMS) and currently powers around 25% of all websites on the Internet.
It began primarily as a blogging tool, but has developed into one of the most flexible and customisable CMS solutions available today. Being open source, there is a huge developer community in behind WordPress helping to improve and support it. The WordPress developer community also has created thousands of (often free) plugins to enhance its capabilities.
Here’s our top 5 reasons why we love to design and build websites using WordPress:
- Ease of Use: WordPress is very user-friendly, even for self-confessed technophobes. It has a simple interface and intuitive features that make it easy to create and manage your website.
- Customisability: With thousands of free and paid plugins, WordPress offers endless options to add custom functionality to your website. Additionally, if you can’t find one ‘off the shelf’, it’s open source nature means we can build one for you. This requires writing a whole heap of code, which we love to do!
- SEO Friendly: WordPress is highly SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) friendly, which means that it is easy to optimize your website for search engines like Google. It has built-in features like permalinks, meta descriptions, and tags that make it easy for search engines to crawl and index your website. Adding an SEO plugin gives you even more options to fully optimise your website for search engine visibility.
- Security: WordPress takes security seriously and is constantly updating its platform to protect against security threats. Additionally, there are many security plugins available that can further enhance the security of your website.
- Performance: A well optimised WordPress site on good quality hosting can be blazing fast. This ensures your customers and clients have the best user experience possible.
At The New Black the majority of our builds also include a page builder plugin which enables us to build website pages to a high standard, whilst making it easy for our clients to make edits to them in the future. No knowledge of code is required to make changes to your website – it’s a “what you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG) front-end editor. Additionally, the use of templates ensures consistency in the design and layout, which gives a highly polished, professional, fast website.